Retail Store Manager - Boulder
POC is a leading manufacturer of helmets, eyewear, body armor, apparel, and accessories in snow sports, mountain biking, and cycling. POC was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Our North American offices are based out of Park City, Utah. POC has a mission is to protect lives and reduce consequences of accidents for athletes and anyone inspired to be one. To do this, POC has a crystal-clear vision to provide optimized personal protection by developing products of unquestionable quality and relevance. POC has built a reputation for breaking from convention, exploring new ideas, and innovating to improve protection for all. POC has been fortunate to protect many Olympic athletes, World Champions, Tour de France winners, and elite athletes around the globe. Creating products forged in safety and innovation is at the heart of POC’s business.
POC is seeking a Retail Store Manager to manage POC’s first ever POC Brand Store. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of the store. This position will have the opportunity to have an input into the construction and design of the space, the merchandise and the displays, and will play a key part in hiring the personnel to work at the store. POC is seeking an individual who has experience in the retail industry and is ready to take on an exciting new challenge. This position will be responsible for resource hiring, scheduling, and planning. This position should have a good understanding of inventory needs and be able to plan and adjust accordingly. This store manager will work with the retail team as well as the cross-functional North American and Global teams to align with POC’s goals and objectives. This position will play a key role in the local marketing and ad campaigns to drive business to the store.
Reports to: Director of Brand Stores
No Direct Reports:Store employees
Budget Responsibility: Retail store budgetRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive team culture that is focused on people before product and profits.
- Hire, schedule, and create a positive, fun work environment for store employees
- Train and POC employees on proper policies and procedures and continue to evaluate and drive employee performance
- Responsible for store’s overall performance and profitability
- Achieve sales targets on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Track and manage the retail budget and other key metrics
- Local marketing, advertising, and event promotion
- Order product from the warehouse and maintaining appropriate product levels
- Lead store visual merchandising and local marketing strategy to align with POC’s overall brand campaigns.
- Min: 3+ years working in retail in a supervisory or management position (ideally in a sporting goods our outdoor company) with experience in managing a team and planning/coordinating inventory.
Skills and General Experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Passion for the outdoors (an interest in cycling, mountain biking, and snow sports is preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong service mind, highly organized, efficient, helpful, proactive, energetic
- A professional and positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
- Time Management
- 100% employer paid health care, dental and other insurance for the employee
- 401 (k) match up to 4% of annual salary
- Paid vacation, sick and wellness time in addition to 15 paid holidays
- Paid gym membership
- Over $2,000.00 retail value of “Test Gear” provided per year
- Additional product discount in addition to Test Gear for you and your family
- Friday Fika
- Powder Policy
- Company sponsored community service opportunities
- Planned team bonding events
- Environmental incentive
If interested, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.